Saturday, September 05, 2015

My goal this morning is to finish the last three blocks, and maybe start sewing the rows together. 

 There are lots of leftover pieced strips. I didn't cut the strips to any specific length when I was sewing them into the pieced strata.  Sometimes I could get 9 or 10 slices out of the sets of strips and it seemed easier to sew them longer than needed,rather than deal with a lot of little bits cut off each strip.
Might be a border option?

The sewing room is still a mess, and I need to put all the scraps away and organise the strips that I'll be working with when I start the Scrappy Bargello quilt. 
It will be a lot more sewing with the same fabric, but I'm hoping that the ease of strip piecing will keep me dedicated.  And if I do get horribly bored, I want to be able to pack all of it away neatly in a trice, and not be mystified when I come back to it in 6 months time.  That sort of thing happens all the time around here.
I've been blogging on the Ipad recently, because it's much easier now than it used to be, and it's so quick to just snap a picture and scribble some words.  The photos are very ordinary though, so I hope I don't abandon the good camera just for the sake of speed; it's nice to have photo records of my projects that aren't all blurred and hurried.  I need a couple extra hours in the day, don't we all?

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP