Friday, March 28, 2014

I think I have too many irons in the fire right now; book-keeping and office work and design work and quilting and the postie job don't leave much time for anything else.  Oh well, the only way out is Through, so I just need to keep working away at it all and soon I'll be able to cross a few things off the list.  Tax stuff is the most urgent, so that's what I'll be doing for the next few days;  I want it all sent off by next Monday, so that will be my major goal over the weekend.  I have three customer quilts to finish up and post, and I just might sneak a bit of sewing into the mix after tea tonight.  It can't be all work and no play.

 Yesterday we went out to a restaurant for dinner, an early celebration of Mereth's first born's 32nd birthday next Sunday.   Time is flying and we are all getting older, and some of us are feeling it more than others.  The town we live in has a high proportion of very active elderly people, mostly ex-farmers and their indomitable wives.  It's sad when I can't keep up with one 78year old woman, but she walks so fast it's unbelievable.  I look at all these wonderful people and hope that I grow old the same way, doing what I love and full of energy.

The customer quilts  need to be finished straight away so I can't get into the sewing room just yet.  I've been averaging two blocks a day, before I leave for work at 7am, and I'll need to cut some more pieces soon. 

And start thinking about the sashing, I don't want to leave that decision till the end, and be tearing my hair out trying to find something suitable.  I'd rather build the blocks around the sashing fabric.
 That blue and brown print in the centre of the above block is sooo old; wish I had more of it, it's very pretty.
I want to have a good rummage through the blues and pull out my favourites, so that will be my reward for completing the tax work.

That centre square is cut at 4.75", so it's perfect to use up charm squares; I'm going to search through all my charm packs to find fabrics I can use in that spot.

I've started auditioning fabrics for the backgrounds of the Sunflower blocks, and I think I've made my choice;
hopefully there will be enough material for what I want to do. 
Snowflake no. 9 is almost completed, and I have to make some choices about how big I make this quilt before I go on with any more of the applique blocks.  All these decisions take time, I'm rather longing for a simple scrap quilt that just whizzes itself together.  That might be next on the to-do list.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP