Sunday, February 16, 2014

It was a good weekend, I didn't work too hard, but I got a fair few things done.  It's good to slow down and enjoy time off, instead of constantly racing to do things.  It was just the thing I needed when I was feeling rather bedraggled.
 
We did take the dogs to the beach, and it was quite cold and very windy. 

The dogs enjoyed their run on the beach, but hated walking out on the jetty in the wild wind; Pips ears were blown inside out, and she couldn't wait to get back onto firm ground.  Neither she nor Dolly are Old Sea Dogs; they just like running through the sand and finding things to investigate.
On the way home there was a rain cloud sitting on top of the pass through the hills; the wind turbines looked very mysterious shrouded in mist and rain.

I sewed my sampler into one piece, and I still can't quite believe it's finished.
 It looks fine to my eyes; last time I sorted my UFOs I thought it was just rubbish, hence the urge to throw it in the bin.
I'm glad I didn't, it brings back memories of my life then.
 I was a hand-piecing advocate, thought it was the 'right' way to do patchwork; I think I only embraced machine work when I started my family and had so little time to spare.  I realised then that I would never get anything finished if I didn't use my sewing machine to help out.  Now, my lovely Singer 538 is my best friend in the sewing room.  Times change.

6 comments:

Kate 1:16 AM  

Wow, the setting and borders brought these blocks to life! It's beautiful.

Sandy 4:23 AM  

I liked it even before you set it. In fact, I was going to offer to take it off your hands.

Goes to show, sometimes its good to bury things for a while, so they look fresh again.

I liked your funny story about the dogs mischief the other day .. made me laugh!

cheers!
love,
Sandy

Diane-crewe 4:28 AM  

thank goodness you didnot throw it in the bin !

Gypsy Quilter 4:41 AM  

I'm always amazed and inspired by your border treatments. This one is so simple, but the colors really pull it all together. Very glad to hear you're getting cooler temps and RAIN! Thanks for sharing.

Laura in IA 5:41 PM  

Wonderful! What a true representation of the time in which you first made the blocks. I love it.

jude's page 10:00 AM  

Just love how that border fabric fits the quilt, really ties it all in. Well done on another finish, don't know how you do it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP