Sunday, June 02, 2013

It's been raining for several days now,so gardening is out of the question. I've been sewing instead, and the Mitchell St blocks are finally in one piece. 

 I will try for a better photo tomorrow, if we get any sunshine.
I used a shirting for the sashing, and I love how the tiny grey and cheddar sprig looks next to the madders and browns and purples.
 
Tomorrow I will clear away all the madder fabrics and haul out the drawers of blue fabric.  It seems like years since I worked with my blues, and I feel the need to rummage around and cut some blocks from them.  I'll keep working on the UFOs as well, plus I have so many containers of scraps that need to be dealt with.  It's a never-ending job, trying to get the sewing room under control.

Our latest addition to the workroom is this steam generator.  We iron so many huge backings every week, and our old iron just gave up.  Hopefully this will help tame the crumpled backings our customers bring in.  It's pretty fearsome, and the steam fogs my glasses up instantly; it will take a bit of getting used to I think.

7 comments:

Jan 3:13 AM  

Gorgeous! Wonderful colors. I completely understand the urge to work with blues!

Sue SA 6:50 AM  

Looks great, the tiny four/nine patchs floating in the sashing are a great addition.

Karen 7:49 AM  

Wow! The blocks look very good all sewn into a quilt top. Well worth the sewing time it has taken.

Patti 4:36 PM  

This quilt is so fabulous. It makes me think of the Burgoyne Surrounded block. I've not gotten out a reference to see if the blocks are identical or not; if not then they are certainly similar. I've wanted to do a scrappy version for a long time. Seeing yours makes me want to ditch what I'm doing at the moment and start on one right away!

Diane-crewe 5:27 PM  

looking VERY good x

Diane 8:32 PM  

Fantastic! I love it. It makes me want to go play in my fabric. Do you think if I misbehave I can get grounded and sent to my room? I wish! :)

Stephanie Newman 8:19 PM  

Love the old world mosaic floor tile appearance of your quilt, really lovely!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP