Saturday, March 30, 2013

My goodness we've been busy here.  The move has been accomplished, and it went smoothly enough. Mereth and I were pretty tired after all that frantic activity, so we tried to take it easy for the last few days, but work seems to pop up out of nowhere.  The garden can't be neglected and there is quilting work to attend to, and furniture and boxes of stuff to find homes for.  It will be lovely when a whole day goes past where I don't have to lift anything heavier than a coffee cup.

THe other night I actually cleared enough space to put up my sewing machine, and sewed several seams just to say I'd done it.  It's not ideal, but it will do for now.  And I got to watch Bonnie on Quilt Cam too.

The power is connected to the shed, which I'm really thrilled about, and we've started the painting.   Mereth and I will do as much as we can, and then holler for help from the Dear Brother.  I know he would do the whole lot for me, but it's truly exhausting when he comes around.  He does things at the speed of light, with no breaks for coffee, and I feel compelled to match his speed and work alongside him.  Plus if you turn your back on him for a moment he'll paint something you didn't want touched, or throw out something you wanted.  It's a constant chorus of  'No, not that, not there, but I don't want it like that, it needs to be like this, just leave that please, STOP!!!'  Those of you with retired husbands can probably sympathise; the DSIL just rolls her eyes and says, 'You know what he's like....'

It will probably be another whole week before we've done everything that needs to be done so that we can move the Statler, so it's not time to rest just yet.

The cooler weather is lovely, makes my thoughts turn to spinning and knitting.  And hand quilting.  And cooking soup.All of which I will be able to do once the work is finished and the workshop is functional. 

Well actually, the soup can go in the crockpot this morning, and will be done by lunchtime.  Mmm, butternut pumpkin soup.....
Best get onto that.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP