Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I realised a while ago that I was in danger of turning into a grumpy, crusty old lady who never had a nice word to say about anything.  I know someone like that, and I didn't want to be like Her!  My instant reaction to everything was to complain, or feel hard done by, or depressed.  So I've made a conscious decision to try and see the good in every situation, and accept things that happen, and to work through them with good grace.  Mereth finds that pretty tiring, and calls me Pollyanna, but I'm much happier with my new attitude.  Sometimes, Pollyanna leaves the building, but for the most part I still try and be cheerful and just do what must be done.

My Postie bike conked out yesterday, about the furtherest from the PO that it's possible to be on my run, but that meant I had a nice walk  back in beautiful autumn weather.  I finished my run on Mereth's bike, so that was good.  My bike is not fixed today, but we've decided that she'll sort all the mail and I will deliver it all, so that's good too.  I get to stay home an extra hour, which is a bit special; I love early mornings here, and I only get to experience them on weekends and public holidays.

So I'm enjoying the luxury of a second cup of coffee, time to tend to my early morning email, and a chance to make a plan for my living quarters.  It will all be temporary, because we have yet to pull the Statler down and move it to the shed, but I can cope with that.  I just need to be able to find what I need, and not trip over anything as I go looking for what I need.

There are still two days of cleaning and tidying up to get through, and I know we'll both be exhausted by the end of it, but it will be such a nice feeling to have it all done.  I don't know what our reward will be; a trip out in the country, a meal at a country hotel, running away to another town, or maybe a splurge online at a favourite quilt shop.  I'm looking forward to that, but I'd better go earn it.

4 comments:

Kate 5:52 PM  

It was heart warming to read your post. Someone said that our thoughts shape us and our lives - I believe that. The event is (usually) neutral - our approach to it is not. I like the sound of your day, and I hope Pollyanna continues her residence lol

Karen 12:11 AM  

Do you deliver mail for other people? I enjoyed reading your post today.

Diane 1:47 AM  

I can relate. A year or so ago I felt the same way. I felt I was so negative and really hated it. I try very hard to see the positive now and try hard to keep my mouth shut if I can't think of a positive or nice thing to say. There is so much negativity already in the world, I don't need to add mine into the mix.

lj_cox 2:46 AM  

Pollyanna attitude really helps me, too. Not getting wound up about things has made my life so much better! (Not to mention cutting the blood pressure meds in half - literally - my Dr. told me to chop up the pills to get half-doses.) Glad to hear that's working for you too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP