Wednesday, September 07, 2011

The last two weeks have gone by in a flash, full of work and travel and family stuff.  I've hardly had time to sew more blocks, so there's not much progress to report.  I have 1/4 of the blocks needed on the design wall, and I am aiming to finish 20 a day for the rest of this week.  That will see me to the halfway mark, and I'll be happy with that.

 This is today's 20 blocks, waiting to be completed.  It's not much, but every little bit counts.


It's a great help being able to cut 216 triangles, enough for 54 blocks in about 5 minutes.  That leaves more time for actual sewing.


Sometimes quilts go together so quickly that I can hardly remember making them;  I don't mind this one being a leisurely affair.  I find myself studying the blocks on the design wall throughout the day, remembering fabrics that I'd like to include, making decisions about what works and what doesn't.  The more pieces I put up, the more enchanted I am with those tiny triangles. 

The photo in the book shows that those little hourglass blocks were made of two fabrics; the maker may have made those first, and used them to join the hexagons, rather than making a rectangular block as I'm doing.  It would take too much planning for me to do that, but I do like the look of it.

2 comments:

Sally Langston Warren 11:40 AM  

I'm enjoying your blog! I also love old Singer machines. Aug 2009 you posted about a little green Singer. What is the model number of this machine? I haven't seen one like it.It is precious! I have two Singer Genies (354), a 221, a 99 treadle, 6217, and a 744 (or is it a 774? I always forget) as well as an old Elna 62C. I teach sewing and provide the machines (that way I can resolve problems quickly).

Jeanne 6:12 AM  

The quilt is coming along very nicely. Every block counts towards the finish. I love the look of this one.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP