Saturday, August 07, 2010

When I buy fabric on the net I often choose cheap fabric, close-outs and discounted older lines; I tell myself I'm being a wise shopper, and that it's a canny thing to do and saves money.  Then when the fabric arrives I'm a bit disappointed, or not happy with the quality, or just underwhelmed with the whole experience.  The new stuff gets packed away and forgotten, and the next time I feel like going shopping I remember the last time and think, Maybe Not.

The first of my parcels arrived from Reproduction Fabrics.  Unpacking it was a sheer joy.  This time I only chose really beautiful patterns, from my favourite designers, and I'm thrilled to bits with all of it.  There was a special on their shipping, a maximum of $15 for an international order, so I went a bit wild and bought 14 yards.  The actual cost of the shipping was $43, so I certainly saved myself some money there.

I sort of concentrated on the shirtings and madder prints, with some brown and double pink thrown in.  I was very nice and shared with Mereth, but she's a bit over the whole madder thing, having created two enormous quilts from her madder stash already.

I have a quilt pattern earmarked for this lot, and when I get a few more of those scraps dealt with I'll start cutting for it.  I'm going to have a lot of fun with these gorgeous prints.  They are mostly from the Twelve Oakes range by Judie Rothermel, with a few others thrown into the mix.  I may have to go back and get the prints from that range that I didn't include this time.

The downside to all this is that next time I'm tempted to go shopping online I'll be full of enthusiasm, rmembering how wonderful this was.  Not good news on the stashbusting front : (

  But for now I'm just going to revel in these new fabrics and I may even cut some strips to make tiny 4-patches, just for fun, and to get acquainted with the lovely prints.  While I wait for my next parcel to arrive.

3 comments:

Tazzie 12:28 PM  

Ohhh my goodness Keryn, you certainly have some lovely treasures there. We definitely have the same taste in fabric. I'll be looking forward to seeing how you use it.
I've put myself on a fabric diet now. My way of looking at this is that it's not a fast - just sensible spending. Let's see how it flies *lol*
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

antique quilter 6:18 PM  

beautiful fabrics that line is one of my favorites , love the pinks and ah the shirtings one NEVER has enough shirtings!
with all the quilts you make its ok to add some new pieces to your stash!
Kathie

pdudgeon 10:59 PM  

yep, that's a very good shopping trip! your stash will be very happy and thank you for bringing in the new additions. Well done!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP