Monday, March 15, 2010

The weather is lovely at this time of year, not cold yet, but the heat of the summer is over.  Last Friday it was a lovely evening, so when we went out to visit Matt I decided to walk Dolly home.  It's an easy 5 kilometres, along a backroad that is part of the Heysen trail



I thoroughly enjoyed it, and so did Dolly, even though for safety's sake she had to be on her leash.


She was most intruiged by the cows, and they were equally fascinated by her.  She wouldn't be so brave if she was on the same side of the fence.

I've never been one for sports or mindless activity,  except for walking.  It's great therapy to get out in the open air and take notice of what is happening in the world outside. 

There are tiny shoots of grass appearing everywhere, and in a few weeks time these hills will be covered in grass, and wonderfully green.  The cows will appreciate that.

By the time we got home the sun was close to setting, and I felt pleasantly virtuous at all the exercise and fresh air.  Dolly just fell asleep straight away on the bathroom floor, cooling her belly on the tiles.  No photos, I have to leave her some dignity.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  9:08 AM  

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. Will you get much snow where you are at in your coming winter?

julieQ 8:31 AM  

Hi Keryn, what pretty pictures, and a great time of year to be outside! We are opposite, you headed into fall and we are heading into spring.

Mary Johnson 5:23 PM  

I love walking - our weather is turning nice again and I'm looking forward to some longer walks along the river here soon.

Meggie 7:01 PM  

I used to love to walk. My problem foot wont allow it now.
I can imagine Dolly- Leo does the belly flop on the tiles!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP