Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This is my design wall. I'm in between major projects, and just fooling around with various things. The hexagons are from many years ago, and they are going to be abandoned as a bed quilt, and instead used as the centre of a medallion quilt. I don't like the shape I used for the elongated hexagons, so I will decide on another hexagon shape and do that, one day. Now, I just want this out of the UFO pile.

I have a collection of blue and aqua fabrics that are earmarked for a Tumber quilt. I cut some out before Christmas, and yesterday I sewed some together to make a single strip. I will calculate how many pieces I need, and then cut out the rest of the quilt. I know I'm going to love this, the fabrics are wonderful.

Next are some equilateral triangles cut from string-pieced scraps. I have a basket full of strange shaped pieces, which I hope to string piece together for an interesting scrap quilt. However, my Inner Nazi won't let me play, rejecting everything I try to put together. 'Nasty! Waste of Time!! Throw it Away!!' she demands. I'm trying to decide if indeed I want to go on with this, (but I'll have to nobble the Nazi first) or if I should just up-end the lot into the bin and be done with it. I've not had much success with that approach in the past...

And the solitary block is another thing from my UFO list; it too has been abandoned. I'm repurposing all the fabric that was packed in the kit with it, and this will join the orphans pile. So by the end of the week I should be able to cross two UFOs off the list.

(and add the tumblers, and the string-pieced triangles....)

2 comments:

SC Sally,  12:32 AM  

I too have an inner Nazi whom I call "the critic". She used to beat the dickens out of me but a year or so ago I built a red straight backed chair in a cornor of my mind and began ordering her to "go sit in your chair in the cornor!" every time she piped up. Amazing how well it worked, but then......I am a simple soul.

Karen 7:36 AM  

I have heard the style hexagon you are using called a lozenge block. I cut some out a long time ago but I must have given them away as I never used them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP