Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I have had this square tin since Christmas 1996, it's one of my favourite things. The artwork is by Lesley Anne Ivory, and her work really strikes a chord with me. I love her cats of course, but I also love the rich detailed backgrounds, with their textile themes. This one even has quilt blocks in some of the paintings; cats and quilts are a perfect partnership.
I can't find a website for her, but there's loads of images on google; I think I need to own one of her books, maybe next Christmas I'll get this book of carols, which I saw in the library. It's just gorgeous.

Why I love this tin so much is because it's the perfect size for charm packs; I don't have a huge collection of them, but the ones I do have are stored neatly away, waiting for the day when I have the courage to cut them up. I find them daunting, I'm so afraid of 'wasting' them that I can't touch them. I get them out, and look through them and dream, and then I pack them away again. If they weren't so darn expensive, $20 Australian and upwards, I'd be little more adventurous.

First fabric purchased for 2010! .75m of neutrals, from the local shop. I buy nice creams and dots whenever I see them, you can't have too many. It's a modest purchase to kick off the new buying year.

3 comments:

Tazzie 4:38 PM  

How funny that you feel the same way about charm squares that I do. I keep them for very precious projects - and hate wasting them.
The tin is adorable, just perfect for a quilter.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

pdudgeon 12:15 AM  

thank you for the lovely tour of those precious cats. love your new purchases, and the interesting things on your design wall.
pam

Laura 3:04 PM  

OMG, I am in love with that tin! I collect tins too and my favorites are always the ones with kittens and puppies. I usually find one or two at Joann's each Christmas, but this year the quality had so seriously deteriorated (the product itself, not the designs) that I didn't buy any. I use some for display, but I also use a lot of them for storing quilting items like you do. If you are ever looking for a new home for that tin and are anywhere near AZ, look me up. I'll take it off your hands! LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP