Tuesday, January 20, 2009

These are the blocks on my design wall, Chain Of Arrows, and they are entertaining me no end. They are just a combination of Hourglass and Railfence units, so there's nothing tricky about putting them together. I don't make a lot of Hourglass units, so I'm enjoying getting the technique right. It will only be a small quilt, 30 9" blocks with sashing; I may have to use a daring red, or I may go for a quieter grey or lilac. I'll decide that later when all the blocks are done.

I'll have to tally up the yardage I'm using, but I've already used up two FQs of shirtings I bought the other day at Jamestown. I hate it when fabric doesn't even reach the stash drawers, just gets swallowed up in blocks straight away. It's like I never had it! The Judie Rothermels and Civil War fabrics are just perfect for this block, and I've definitely let my fabric club material sit on the shelf for long enough.

I've been binding my table runners today; as I complained to Mereth, it's not like I can even blog about that, as you all probably thought I finished them ages ago. I've been using them with raw edges ever since I quilted them, and every time I went past them I thought, I MUST put the binding on them. Well I have now, and I'm glad I can take that job off the list.

The weather is horrible hot now, after me boasting about how nice it was. But it's an excuse to sit in the air-conditioned offfice and get caught up on paperwork and bookwork. I'm fighting the urge to bring a Featherweight in here and sew; there's work to be done, and I need to apply myself.

The Australian Open is on at nights, which is wonderful. I intend to get a lot of hand sewing done as I watch my favourites. I honestly have no idea why I love watching it so much, when I would not ever willingly pick up a tennis racket again. Ever.

8 comments:

Maggie A 8:29 PM  

Looks fabulous

Tazzie 10:58 PM  

Your work is just super - as it always is :-)
I love to watch the tennis in the evenings also, it's my favourite stitching companion right now.
Be sure to have a wonderful week.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Karen - Quilts...etc. 6:00 AM  

love all your photos' and that blueberry tart has my name on it - I would love to be eating it right now it looks so tasty.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

hetty 1:57 PM  

I like the hourglass and rail fence units! They make for a very interesting block!

pdudgeon 10:50 PM  

this is going to be an interesting quilt! can't wait to see how you will set it.

meggie 7:21 PM  

More to look forward to!

Idaho Quilter 2:00 AM  

I am working with hour glass blocks, and they are tricky to start. I sat one evening doing the frog stitch (ripppit) I sewed a stack together like half square triangles, but they are easy once you get the idea. .

Anonymous,  8:26 PM  

Hi Keryn, I've been following your blog for some time & now you have given me another inspiration - I bought a tagine 15/12 ago & had not used it untill I saw your curry & so today we really enjoyed it.Thankyou; I wish you & your sister well in your creative life. Jan from far south coast of NSW

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP