Monday, March 03, 2008

This is what I did this afternoon, once I had all the Anvil blocks joined together; it took a while to find the table top, and even longer to sort away all the random scraps, but I kept at it. Now I feel really tempted to start cutting a new project, but I'll be good and work on my UFOs. The Anvil top needs borders before I can call it finished, so that will be my first task. Unfortunately I've cut my blue stash so drastically that I'm going to have trouble finding anything suitable. I may have to BUY something.

Then I will start cutting the sashing for these scrap blocks, and sewing them together. I really like this yellow floral fabric, but there's a blue that looks lovely as well. Come back tomorrow and you'll see which one won out in the end.

I didn't get the binding finished on the Carolina Coverlet, but it will wait patiently till I get round to it. The weather is a bit warm today , and I didn't want to be sitting under several square metres of quilt for an hour or two.

I printed out the spreadsheet of my projects, and was disgusted to find that I could only cross two of them off, even though I've finished 5. One was a totally new project and two I never even wrote up on the sheet, so I missed out on the fun of marking them as finished. And I had to add the two scrap four-patch projects I started on the weekend, so I feel like I'm going backwards. Only 72 more to finish.......

But the Orphans and Siblings is on my bed, ready for autumn weather. I'm planning to make a wholecloth quilt to replace my antique English quilt; it really is far too good to use every day, but I've enjoyed having it there on the bed for a couple of months. It can go live on the spare bed now and be treasured instead of used.

8 comments:

PiecefulChaos 11:03 PM  

Your scrap blocks look great! I liked the yellow but when I scrolled down farther and saw the blue - I liked that better! Whichever you chose will be lovely!

Helen 1:20 AM  

I have been watching you play with those scrap blocks. It reminded me that I have a stack of the very same ones, so I dug them out! Thanks for the inspiration!

YankeeQuilter 1:47 AM  

A vote for yellow - at least in photos! Love the scrappy orphans and siblings.

sio

Jeanne 2:04 AM  

The blocks look terrific. I like them both, but the yellow is my favorite. It makes the blocks pop more than the blue. Your sewing area looks very neat again.

Tonya Ricucci 2:40 AM  

I'd love to see you try somethign really deep and strong for the sashing. cheddar? chrome yellow? poison green? that deep red that's in one of the blocks...

Your new bed quilt is marvelous! Maybe you should cut that evil brown dotty fabric up into binding and label it as such since you said it made a nice binding....

meggie 7:46 AM  

I love the yellow best! However, in real life it may look different.
Love the O & S quilt on your bed.

Anonymous,  12:48 AM  

i vote for the yellow fabric as well. Love seeing your quilts and what you do with the scraps.
pam

Anonymous,  5:14 AM  

Your "orphans & siblings" quilt is my favourite of all you've shown - and I love, or at least deeply admire, every one of your quilts & tops.

Beautiful, expressive work. Thank you for sharing it all.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP