Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm climbing Binding Mountain again; I made 4 bindings this morning, trimmed all the quilts and assembled a stack of 8 quilts to be bound this weekend. These four already had their bindings made, which was a help. Once the day cools off a little I will put the walking foot on my machine and plod around the perimeter of all these. I don't mind binding at all, but it gets a bit tiring man-handling all that weight. By the time I get to number 8 my arms will be aching.I've been working on my blue and green blocks, and have 12 finished and a few more cut out. I've just been making them with no pressure, using whatever fabrics I fancy. I have some pretty blue FQs that I have never dared use, I always think I have to 'save' them for something special. Well I guess this is it, because I'm finally cutting into them. If I use them all up, I'll go right out and buy those new pretty blues that I want.I even have the border picked already, and it's not that piece on the design wall; I think that will end up in the blocks somewhere. I'm enjoying playing with these precious fabrics at last.I love finding significant words carved or cast into objects, or painted on buildings. This was on the stove at the abandoned cottage; whoever built this stove cast his name and place of business as part of the product. The rest of the writing was illegible, but the nameplace remains.
And at the supermarket the other day I took a photo of this sign. I think I could do with one on my workroom door.....

5 comments:

Diane 12:01 PM  

I look at your block almost daily and I really enjoy seeing all the wonderful quilts you make. I wonder, are all the quilts for personal use or do you sell them? You are so prolific.

tami 1:30 PM  

Wow! I can't even get one quilt done in a month and you are binding 8 in one weekend. :c\

RAJESH B KUKREJA 12:43 AM  

I look at your block almost daily and I really enjoy seeing all the wonderful quilts you make. I wonder, are all the quilts for personal use or do you sell them? You are so prolific.

meggie 10:18 AM  

I love seeing all your quilts.
I am just like you, saving my best fabrics. I will have to stop it, because new ones come along, & hoarding is not a good look here at the moment!

Jenni 10:39 PM  

I'm loving the blue and green blocks - very fresh looking.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP