Sunday, March 02, 2008

After a solid day and a half of sewing the total achievements are

  • the Carolina Coverlet quilted,
  • 15 of the 9-patch blocks and 8 of the cross blocks completed,
  • the blocks for the blue Anvil quilt finished and the sashing sewn on each block,
  • the binding finished on the Orphans and Siblings and
  • the binding for the Carolina Coverlet attached and ready to be finished tomorrow.
That's not bad at all. I'm really glad those Anvil blocks are over and done with; they were a lot of work in the end, and the seam allowances didn't mesh nicely so it caused me some aggravation. Now it's just a matter or sewing the blocks together and bordering them with something from the stash. That will be a pleasure, to actually use up some yardage.

The binding on this quilt is a brown mini-dot from the early '90s. I was glad to cut the last of it up for the binding, and a few small strips for the drawers. Mereth scoffed when I proclaimed it All Gone! 'That fabric will never be entirely gone' she said, 'there will always be some lurking in the Stash.' She has pieces of it all through her sewing room too. Sure enough, not 15 minutes later I opened a drawer of scraps and found another 1/2 yard of the stuff. I think I would need an exorcism to get rid of it. It strobes quite violently in the right lighting, but it's such a useful colour.... I do like it for this binding.

The Quiltathon was such a good idea. Several times we were in danger of being distracted, but the official Quiltathon kept us focused and sewing hard. There was a dangerous moment when I googled something while having my afternoon coffee, and found myself on a really interesting site about Heraldry, but I made myself bookmark it for later and get back to the workroom.

And in case you thought I had reformed and was working in orderly, efficient conditions; this is my cutting table at 11pm. Mereth turned pale and had to have a lie down when she saw this mess. There will have to be a major tidy-up before anything else gets done here.

7 comments:

Granny 1:24 AM  

You got so much done! Glad the Quiltathon helped you. Hope Mereth has recovered from seeing your mess. That's about how my sewing room looks all the time.

Chookyblue...... 6:43 AM  

lots done........you will always find a little of something you want to disappear........love all your quilts.........

meggie 9:09 AM  

Mereth would definitly faint if she saw my workroom!! Yours looks tidy, in comparison.
You certainly got a lot done!!

Sweet P 12:30 PM  

Great job on your mini-retreat. I agree with Mereth, your cutting table does need some cleaning.

Henrietta 6:05 PM  

Poor Mereth!

Wonderful job Keryn.

Mary Johnson 2:54 PM  

I have to say, these blues are my favorites. I really like this quilt.

RAJESH B KUKREJA 12:45 AM  

You got so much done! Glad the Quiltathon helped you. Hope Mereth has recovered from seeing your mess. That's about how my sewing room looks all the time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP