Sunday, November 04, 2007

Miz Marjorie Millhouse is stitching away as I type, finishing the second quilt. What a day!!!!!!

Kaye and Bruce arrived just after lunch and the truck was unloaded with the help of some big strong guys. It took most of the afternoon to set up the table and unpack the machine, and then it was time to put on a quilt and see if it worked.

Mereth got her first official lesson from Kaye, and Bruce gave me some machine maintenance tips. The first quilt was finished soon after tea, and now I'm sitting up late finishing off the second top.

When I pieced these tops I never dreamed I would be quilting them on my own Statler, it's like a dream. It will be such a thrill to walk in here tomorrow and know that I have a whole day of playing ahead of me.

And I might let my little sister have some fun too, as a reward for all that furniture shifting over the last month. I just hope we don't have to shift Miz Millhouse for a loooong time.

6 comments:

sewprimitive karen 12:47 AM  

Hi, Keryn, it looks great!! Now you're cooking, now that you have your longarm up and running.

antique quilter 1:31 AM  

Oh I want one too!
how lucky you are!
good luck with your new machine ....
can't wait to see all your beautiful quilts quilted by you!
kathie in nj

Fiona 1:59 AM  

Speedy Gonzales or what? There's no stopping you now. The second quilt is great, BTW, really nice and scrappy.

Tazzie 9:21 AM  

Wow! You're going to be having the very best time with your new machine - those tops are going to be flying through your fingers. I love that you've named it too!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

meggie 10:12 AM  

Ooh you lucky lucky girls!!
Have fun.

Helen in the UK 6:32 PM  

Oh - how exciting!! Hope you have a lot of fun with you new 'toy'. Look forward to seeing the results :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP