Thursday, September 27, 2007

Second day on the road, and we are pleasantly tired. We left really early this morning, so we got a photo of the sunrise over the hills on the New England highway. It was all rather picturesque.

We grabbed this photo of the little church at Allora, with a hedge of May bushes in flower. It was beautiful with the sun coming up behind it.

The traffic has been quite bearable, only two awkward moments, both involving trucks that wouldn’t slow down. I’m so not impressed with drivers in a tearing hurry. Better to be like us, with the window wound down so we can take photos of the countryside and point out alpacas, Shetland ponies, coloured sheep and Belted Galloway cattle.

We have been hopping from McCafe to McCafe, but desperation drove us to sample truckstop coffee. It smelt like sausages, tasted of biscuits and had a curious whiff of nail polish remover at the end. I don’t think we’ll try that again.

Internet access is sporadic in the country; I will compose blogs each night, and post them when I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  6:07 PM  

What lovely scenery. Can't wait to see more of your trip.
Is your trek bringing you thru Dubbo? If so when?
We do have a McCafe.

Anonymous,  6:44 PM  

Ohhh Thank you for posting the picture from Allora! I spent a short time there during my childhood and my Mother's family has strong links there and in Clifton. I never ever expected to see a pic from Allora on someone's blog!

meggie 6:00 PM  

Bloody hell! I have been stalking your blog, hoping for a post, & now I find 3!! I will enjoy them nonetheless!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP