Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm in a quilting mood, so I dragged out one of the projects I'm part-way through and spent a day marking the quilting lines for the next step. Of course I had help. I know I should be very cross with Bob for beating up on my quilt, but he's just so funny all I can do is pick up the camera and laugh. He's such a staid gentleman normally, it's hysterical to see Bad Bob in action. It's like watching a cart-horse gambol about in the paddock, very ponderous and unexpected.

Oh he had help too, a partner in crime, but she's behind the quilt giving him cheek and pushing his buttons. I'm not nearly as tolerant of Squeak...

This quilt is Enormous, another huge one. I obviously went through a BIG phase, and I'm still dealing with finishing the monsters. It does look nice on the bed though, and seeing as Wimbledon is coming up I may just hand quilt the blocks in this while I watch my tennis. Just a simple outline, and maybe a motif in the square. Only 61 blocks, wouldn't take long... All the blocks are already ditch-stitched, and the sashing quilted with double lines.

If I can get the borders quilted before then I would be happy, I could manhandle the thing in the hoop without any of the layers shifting then. It's definitely a Plan.

5 comments:

tami 12:03 PM  

I just love the way kitties play. It's hard to get mad at them when they are so cute.

atet 5:30 PM  

Sounds like a good plan too. It is hard to be mad at kitties when they are being so cute isn't it?

meggie 7:17 AM  

Beautiful shiny cat!

kelley 2:03 PM  

I love Bad Bob! nothing better than watching cats make a game out of nothing...

Tonya Ricucci 10:11 PM  

What a sweetie boy. He reminds me of my big orange and white kitty Habibi who is incredibly slothful (until chasing his brother around loudly at 5am).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP